Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer in the City

Yes. I admit it. And that is the first step. So.......here it goes.......I am officially a blog shirker. I feel better now! Actually, to be completely honest, I didn't have internet this summer other than brief moments, so I did a more-than-poor job of keeping updates posted. My deepest apologies are administered here. But now to write a real blog, not just a sorry! This summer was a wonderful time of being back with family and friends; I can't be more thankful! I was able to spend time with many people, though I did not get to see everyone I had hoped (another sorry!). Let me update from where the last blog left off: My parents and I flew from Guam to Hawaii and spent time with my Auntie and Uncle Mark on the Big Island. We visited Kona, drank amazing coffee, and had a great visit. After Hawaii we flew to Southern CA and visited my Mimi (grandma) and relatives from my dad's side of the family. My oldest sis, Trina, drove down from Folsom to pick us up, and we got to surprise her two kids by taking a trip to Disneyland! Talk about a fun day, and a fun 2 weeks stay down south. We drove back up to Folsom, and a few days later I drove up to Anderson, Redding, and then Eureka. I was able to stay with Christine, go camping with her and Cyndi, and then drive with my friend Alison to be in my friend Christiana's wedding. It was far too short of a trip, but a great one at that. I returned to Folsom and spent time with my sis, niece and nephew, and visit many wonderful friends. (Ok, I know this is seriously the nutshell/little golden book version of my summer, but it was a lot of great traveling!) Thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to hang out (and those who had to forgive me if we weren't able to spend as much time together as I would have liked); this was a great break. Now I am back on Guam planning school stuff and getting ready to return for one more year at Bethania. I am adding some new classes, so it should be exciting, and I will try to keep you as updated as possible!!

*Disclaimer: due to limited internet time and extremely slow connection, I may not be able to write often or to everyone as I want. Please forgive me, but I really can't do anything to change the limits! But know that I love you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, back in Guam already? That was fast...

This blog is to chronicle the days in the life of a teacher at Bethania boarding school in the Palauan Islands. Although the area is remote, and life goes on almost entirely unnoticed by the rest of the world, I want to share with you some of the interesting experiences--and lessons from the One who makes life and Hope possible-- that may happen in this tropical pin-dot on earth. I hope it adds some flavor to your day.